Thursday, October 05, 2006

J.B. Talks About...

J.B. Talks About...
Projected Radio Single Hits
This month, I'm going to give you my thoughts on the latest singles in the world of radio. What songs are new. What songs I think will be number one hits. Also, what songs I think will barely hang on for their lives.

What It Means-Jeremy Camp
CD: Beyond Measure (Releasing in October)
Projected peak: #1
J.B.'s Comments: It is a song by Jeremy Camp. Enough said. Though it has one downside, I like it. For some reason the songs I like seem not to do well. I also love the intro of this song.

Wherever We Go-Newsboys
CD: Go (Releasing later this year)
Projected peak: 12-15
J.B.'s Comments: Another song I really like. The problem is that it is a somewhat cheesy song. I think it will get to about #15, maybe #12. K-Love radio is embracing this song tightly, so it may get further.

Give It All Away-Aaron Shust
CD: Anything Worth Saying
Projected peak: 10-15
J.B.'s Comments: Aaron Shust has been fairly successful, mostly because of his mega-hit "My Savior, My God". Aaron Shust also had a single before he became famous. It was called "Matchless". It was on the charts hovering around number 20 for a couple of weeks. That was when "My Savior, My God" began to climb the countdowns. This song may climb pretty high because of the previous single's legacy, but I'm still saying it will be in the 10-15 range.

Come To The Cross-Michael W. Smith
CD: Stand (Releasing Later 2006)
Projected peak: 15
J.B.'s Comments: Michael W. Smith could be the most influential man in the Christian Music industry. (Ok, he's the second. Jesus is the main man!) However, Smith's run on AC radio charts is slowing down. His "Song of the Year" nominee "Healing Rain" only peaked at #4. I don't think this song will go that far.

Does Anybody Hear Her-Casting Crowns
CD: Lifesong
Projected peak: 2-1
J.B.'s Comments: This song will probably do well. It has the Casting Crowns name brand, so it will do good on the charts.

You Alone-Echoing Angels
CD: CD to be released next year
Projected peak: 20-1
J.B.'s comments: This song is reminding me of when Building 429's single, "Glory Defined" was just appearing on 104.7 The Fish. A song from a new band that happened to head straight for the number one chart position. Since this is a new band, I'm not quite sure where it will end up.

In the next issue, I will give you the progress of these songs. Am I right... or will I be corrected.


J.B.'s Song Of The Month
"Activate" Stellar Kart
This song is peppy and a feel good song. It is a song that easily get stuck in one's head. Plus, the video for this song is neato! (Trust me, you'll understand once you watch the video.)
"Activate" appears on Stellar Kart's newest album, We Can't Stand Sitting Down.

No comments: