Thursday, October 05, 2006

Movie Review: Harry Potter & The Goblet Of Fire

Movie Review:
Harry Potter & The Goblet Of Fire
Written By Courtney T.
Harry Potter is yet again, starting a whole new year at the magical school of wizardry, Hogwarts. This time, Harry is faced with his biggest challenge yet... puberty.Musical Score: It is purely a given that any (and I might add every) Harry Potter film has a haunting and quality sound that is a very familiar sound to all Potter fans. Then again, I have noticed with the films that with every new Potter flick, there is less of the trademark music. Goblet of Fire seemed to be very short of this haunting tune that we all love. The musical score on Goblet seemed nearly non-existant. This go round, I give what little musical sound there was, a 7/10. Acting: Harry Potter is shy, a little awkward, humble, and come on, over all Harry just seems to be a nice guy. Daniel Radcliffe posesses all of these qualities. He has the awkward looks, the whole british thing, everything. I believe that he is not only having a stronger performance in each film, but he just potrays Harry perfectly. The supporting cast as well (especially considering their age group) does a very believable and not to mention a somewhat, "quirky" job. I give it a 8/10.The Plot: As always the plot (thanks to good old Rowling) is always in the present supportive of the future. Which is HARD to do. I think Rowling is only expected to do such a good job considering that her books are almost all bestsellers. I give it a 9/10.The Script: Also as always (forgive me, I am a Potter fanatic!) the script is very well and fits the characters perfectly. It is always very believable and also engaging as you watch the characters grow and develop. I give it a 8/10.Overall Score: I know, I know, I've been praising this movie throughout the entire review, but I did not mention one fault in the movie. Magic! In Harry Potter 1 and 3 (or at least in my opinion) there is a very nostalgic and magical feel to it. Don't get me wrong Goblet had it, just not to the very extremes as the others. I think it may have something to do with the music shortage... hmmm. I'm not quite sure but, I liked this movie, but my favorite slot is still filled by Sorcerers Stone and Prisoner. I give it.... OVERALL-Y..... a 8/10.

No comments: